What You'll Find Here
This site is about having transformational, life-enriching experiences. It tries to identify the most amazing things you can experience in the arts, adventure, and life, to enable you to live the most fulfilling life you are able to live. By no means will everyone be able to experience everything, but this is our list of the things from which to choose. If you can do even a few of these, then you are blessed indeed.
If you wish to write about one of these experiences, or another one of your own creation, drop me a line. I'm always looking for additional input.
These experiences are listed in no particular order. May you experience many of them, and live to recount them to your descendants many years hence.
- Being Loved - OK, so this is kind of hokey. But I'm telling you, there are few experiences greater than knowing that someone on this planet truly loves you. If you are a person that can say that, you are having a great experience.
- Building a Treehouse - Yes, you know you want to do it. And why not? Treehouses are not just for kids -- believe me, I've built several of them and my latest endeavor was built when I was nearly 50.
- Helping Others - I doubt there is anyone on this planet who hasn't been helped by someone. And few things are as personally fulfilling as giving to others without expectation of reciprocation. So go do it.
- Kissing Your Love on the Eiffel Tower - There's love, and then there's love in Paris. Do I really need to say anything else?
- Loving Someone - Loving someone is a leap of faith. Jump without looking back.
- Rafting the Grand Canyon - There are few experiences as transformational as spending a week or more at the bottom of one of the most amazing canyons on Earth. Read what it's all about from someone who's led trips there.
- Raising a Child - Yes, it's darn hard. And yes, few will thank you for doing it. But I can think of few things that will expand your horizons -- or challenge you more -- than this. Isn't that the very definition of a great experience?
- Running for Office - Most of the world runs on democracy. But democracy itself runs on initiative. It runs on the motivations of individuals to put themselves out there, to take their lumps, and try to make the world a better place. We here at GreatExperiences.org can't think of much else more worth doing.
- Viewing Great Art - Whether it's the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, or Van Gogh and Rembrandt in Amsterdam, there is simply nothing else quite like standing in front of a masterpiece.
- Writing a Poem - Every should write a poem before they die. It doesn't have to be good. Just do it.
- Writing a Song - This is a talent, for sure, so we don't expect everyone to be able to do it. But if you can, rock on!